Are you a young Sudanese individual looking for a chance to create change and join a team of humanitarians?
United Peace Organisation(UPO) is opening the call for the first batch of its Sudanese Youth Development Programme (SYDP) under the theme of “The Sudan We Want” for the year 2019 to 2020.
UPO is a non-governmental organisation working in the sectors of Food Security and Livelihood, Health and Nutrition, Women and Civil Empowerment and Education in order to promote and build peace. UPO’s network includes partners of other NGOs, INGOs and United Nations’ agencies working in related fields.
We are looking for a few exceptional individuals who are creative, driven and enthusiastic about change and human rights to join our team. The volunteers will be joining our offices as staff members according to geographical preference, skills and backgrounds. Our offices are located in Khartoum, Darfur, Kurdofan and Gadaref, each office will welcome 5 to 10 volunteers
The programme aims to deepen the status of young people as key actors and agents of change in Sudan’s development. UPO considers the successful applicants as part of the family and will continue to support the participants as well as create opportunities for them long after the programme has ended.
- The chance to enhance your skills and acquire new ones through training sessions and tasks assigned
- The opportunity to visit different areas in Sudan and enrich your cultural knowledge
- The opportunity to create change in the areas of development, peace-building and women empowerment
- Exposure to migration, displacement, conflict and humanitarian work dynamics in Sudan and the region
- The chance to network with decision makers and activists in Sudan
- The opportunity to make friends and become a part of UPO’s family and its national and regional network.
Eligibility and desired skills:
- A first/bachelor degree in the fields of Media, Management, Development, Finance, Information Technology, Social Sciences or a related field
- Sudanese citizens aged 20-30 years old
- Previous voluntary experience
- Fresh graduates and women are highly encouraged to apply
- Availability to work in the field
- IT literate and good knowledge of computer software programs including MS office (experience in using specialized software applications like photoshop, illustrator and quickbook would be an asset)
- Good level of written and spoken English and Arabic
- Good inter-personal and communication skills
- Interest in creating change
How to submit your application: